Dallas K1 Fiancé Visa Lawyers
Helping to Bring Your Future Spouse to America
Perdomo Dorsett Immigration Law proudly uses our knowledge of the law to help clients who with to marry people living in foreign countries. Our seasoned legal professionals can guide you through each phase of the legal process so you can obtain a K-1 visa for a fiancé. We know how important it is to start your new life with your true love, and we are prepared to put our knowledge of the law to work for you today.
K-1 Visa Requirements
Before you file for a K-1 visa, make sure you can meet the following requirements:
- You have seen your fiancé in-person within the last two years
- You both are single and eligible for marriage under U.S. law
- You and your fiancé must produce certificates for divorce or death if either of you has previously been married
- You must prove the authenticity of your relationship
- You must provide proof of your plans to get married within 90-days of entering in the United States
- You and your fiancé must meet certain income requirements
The K1 Visa Application Process
When going through the K1 application, make sure that you follow all the requirements and have the proper documentation. To maximize your chances of success, have an attorney guide you.
Here's what you can expect during the K1 visa process:
- File petition - The U.S. citizen sponsor must file the Petition for Alien Fiance Form I-129F. In your application, you must provide all the required documentation, including photos of the couple, flight tickets, call logs, and other evidence to show a valid relationship.
- USCIS processing - USCIS will review your petition. During the review, USCIS will perform a background check on both parties for any potential issues. If your petition is approved, USCIS will notify the petitioner and issue a case number.
- NVC receives petition - After USCIS approves your petition, it will be sent to the National Visa Center (NVC) for further processing.
- U.S. Embassy receives petition - If your application form satisfies all the requirements, the NVC will send your petition to the U.S. Embassy in your fiance's country, where he or she will apply for the K1 visa. Your fiance may need to gather additional documentation for the embassy.
- Interview - Your fiance will need to schedule an interview with the embassy. During the interview, he or she will answer questions about their background and history.
- Travel to the U.S. - If the interview goes well, the K1 visa will be approved and your fiance will be able to travel to the U.S.
- Marriage - Once in the US, you will have 90 days to get married. If you are not married within 90 days, then the foreigner must leave the U.S.
- Adjustment of Status - If you are married within 90 days, you may apply for an adjustment of their status to that of permanent resident, in which he or she can receive a green card.
Efficient Immigration Services in Dallas
Our team at Perdomo Dorsett Immigration Law is here to make sure our clients have the comprehensive and reliable representation they need to feel confident as they navigate the immigration system. We can handle all of the complicated legal matters on your behalf, from filing important paperwork to preparing you for potential interview questions. Reach out to a lawyer at our firm today to discuss your immigration goals.
“Mr. Perdomo is hands down the best. Him and his associates have recently helped me achieve my life long dream!”- Jesus Reyes
“My case was approved thanks to this firm. Highly recommend!! Thank you Dr. Dorsett!”- Tayna Castro
“They understand your pain of being away from your family and always explain step by step what's next, which I loved.”- Elizabeth Peña Olalde